Monday, April 22, 2013

A Week in Dedham, England

After a 10 hour flight from Los Angeles, I arrived at Heathrow at 9:30am.
Then off to London on the Heathrow Express.  Hopped on the Tube to Victoria Street Station then with luggage in tow, just a quick walk over to Westminster for the SBA Annual Exhibition


The cover for the SBA Exhibition (Society of Botanical Artist) was created by the wonderful Ann Swan.

Quick taxi drive over to the RHS Exhibit (Royal Horticulture Society) 

Both exhibits were wonderful.  Such wonderful art could be seen by some amazing artists.  Loved seeing the students art from the SBA Long Distance Learning program.

Just an hour by train from London is the historic town of Dedham.  Ann Swan holds week long workshops at Dedham Hall twice yearly in April and September.  

Dedham Hall is a 15th century manor house in the beautiful Constable Country.

Art courses are held in the large 2 story studio, originally the old barn.


This was my home away from home during my stay.  I had the entire upper flat with views in all directions.

Every morning a group of us ladies went for over an hour walk on the many footpaths in the area.  Every morning going in a different direction.


Its always fun getting the ladies to clown around on our walks.
Miss you all....... Mia, Sandra, Gill & Helen

The Daffodils were in full bloom around Dedham Hall and the surrounding area.

Color Pencil students hard at work!


Just another great meal.  We're always having a great time!  

Love these ladies :) 

Thank you Ann Swan for another memorable colored pencil workshop in England!


While having fun in Dedham, I did work on a new drawing of an Orchid.  This is blown up approx. 5X actual size.  It took me all week just to get this far.  Those little red islands on the leaves took days.  Now I'm starting to color in the green of the leaves.


Miss you all!  See you next year.

Lori V.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Lori! I thought about you and Dedham. So wonderful to see these pics. I recognise only Pam, Diane and Ann of course. The rest are new faces to me or faded in my memory. Did you send my greetings to Ann? Looks like you had a wonderful week again and good spring weather. I really envy you. Wish I was there too. Thanks for sharing XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigrid, Had a wonderful time in Dedham. You should really plan another trip Dedham and Ann's workshops. We were talking about you when I was there. There is a woman who comes each year, Mia who is from Holland. She would love to meet up with you. Email me and I will send you her contact info.
      Lori V.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time at the workshop. I will be a great supplement to the SBA course. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janene, It's always wonderful learning for the wonderful Ann Swan. I love my time in Dedham with Ann and the ladies!

      Delete